Monday, October 31, 2011

And today I ran

The whole reason I had my knee surgery was because I could no longer run without pain and swelling. And I had the surgery 6 months and 2 days ago.

It's been a long time coming but today I finally ran. And not the little steps jogging across the street or the quick sprint up the block where I can tell that I'm favouring the one leg.  I was late for my physical therapy and had to run up the street to catch a cab and then run to my PT office.

So without thinking about it I was running- dodging all of the trick or treaters on the street and keeping up a fast pace. My leg did hurt a bit afterwards but I LOVED IT.

My over-protective PT said I need to cool it for another couple of weeks- but for now I feel like it was all worth it and eventually I'll be back to the old me. Or an even better improved me.

No comments: