Sunday, May 01, 2011

Post surgery love

I had my knee surgery on Friday and it went well. I was terrified of the post-surgery pain based on stories from various freinds & family but so far so good. Ive been good (!) about taking the percocet when prescribed and the trade off is that I'm just existing in a slightly nausea filled sleepy haze. Like I said- so far so good.

I can't do any physio therapy until the bone heals which is about 6 weeks. But I do have to use this continuous motion machine for 1.5hrs 3x a day. It basically moves my knee for me. Picture to come when I'm not using n iPad.

I also have to use an ice machine 6-8 times a day for 30min. And I have to practice walking around on my crutches every hour.
I'd kind of thought this whole recovery thing would be a cake walk with my friends catering to my every whim but no such luck.

But the catering part is true. I have some amazing friends who have been taking fantastic care of me since I came home from the hospital.
My work family sent me some flowers & cupcakes. My friends had more flowers & balloons waiting for me in my "guest room". They have been feeding me & helping me with all of the machine stuff and most importantly showering me with love and love. And more love. And I don't think that's just the percocet talking.

No comments: