Sunday, April 17, 2011

Tibial Tuber-what?

A week ago I was meant to have surgery... but due to some scheduling conflicts we had to re-schedule for the end of the month. The surgery isn't a big deal but apparently I'll be needing some level of pain medication that requires me to not work for two weeks. Or I may try and end up producing something really interesting...

For the benefit of my parents here are some details of what the procedure:


http://surgicalanimations.co.uk/tibial-tubercle-transfer/

The reason I'm getting the surgery is because I find I can no longer run or do any sort of sustained exercise without my knee swelling up painfully. And after only six months of lethargy I can quickly see a future where I become the mom in "What's Eating Gilbert Grape".

I will have a full leg brace with crutches for 8 weeks. But I should have everything off and be well into physio by the time summer hits. And luckily I have a wealth of good friends in the city who have offered to take care of me while I'm incapacitated.

But I will be looking for good movie and book recos...

No comments: