Friday, October 01, 2010

I am my Mother part 1

Yesterday a friend said to me "Sarah you are just like your Mother"- which I took to mean a compliment as I think my Mom is great. However she was referring to my tendency to pretend like everything is fine even when it's not. And in this case it was about my health.
My Mom is notorious about insisting she's "great" even though she's coughing like she has the black lung. The same as I have been protesting "I"m fine" when I'm clearly hobbling on my now 'expanded to two times its normal size' knee.
So I'm going to go and get it examined. And in America that means finding a doctor that accepts my health care and is in my system so I don't have to pay $400 for a consultation.
*Deep breath* It's not fine. I need to be looked at. But I'm sure it WILL be fine. (are you listening Mom?!)

No comments: