Friday, August 14, 2009

Private Karaoke

I've never been a karaoke person. I can't sing. Yes I might love to sing but I'm really quite tone deaf (and this isn't false modesty as I've had other people tell me I can't sing).

Last night my friend Jocelyn had a birthday party at a karaoke place where you get a private room- Duet 48 in New York. The only karaoke I'd been in before was in a bar where you stand up and sing in front of a huge room of strangers. Regardless I had insisted I wasn't going to participate as I was with a whole group of people I'd never met before.

I sang
"Human Nature" by MJ
"Man in the Mirror" by MJ
"Living on a Prayer" by Bon Jovi
"Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen

At one point Jocelyn and I were singing -up on our feet at the front of the room waving our hands in the air like we just didn't care.

It was so much fun. I loooove Karaoke! I've just been doing the wrong kind all of these years!!!

No comments: