Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Slopes

I went skiing this past weekend - for the first time in about oh...8 years. The worst part is I've BEEN to ski hills and just haven't skied- and now am wondering why?! I love skiing! And I'm actually okay at it. My form is complete crap and I have to think about what I'm doing, and my skis are practically the length of my feet... but I can get down the hill, get a little speed- and I have fun doing it.

And though I am a Rocky Mountains' snob they do have some decent hills in Vermont (I've heard). The hill we went to this weekend was pretty small with mostly manmade icy snow... but it was great to just play in the fresh air. And to be honest- I needed a small hill to get my ski legs back.

In two weeks we're going to Killington, Vermont. I think next year we might plan a proper trip and do Aspen or Colorado...maybe Banff!

No comments: