Friday, December 12, 2008

Not for the sensitive ...

I am in love with SNL again. It had a few (dozen) rough years where it was mostly unfunny sketch comedy appealing to ... I don't know what. But in the last couple of years I feel it's regained some of it's more intelligent and sophisticated humour- especially as of late as they've parodied the US elections (too bad they didn't cover the Canadian elections as well... I'd love to have seen their take on Harper though he's mabye too bland to be entertaining).

There is one not ready for prime time player who I am in particular like with- Andy Samberg- and if there is ANYONE in New York that I would love to see/meet- it would be him. This guy is brilliant. Goofy, smart and uber funny.

He just did another digital short (similar to his "Lazy Sunday" rap and "D*** in a Box" efforts) and it's fantastic. It's crude(ish) (just after I said this crew of talent has gone away from that I am appearing to contradict myself) but very smart and polished in it's execution. Mostly it had a good beat and made me laugh. It's gotten about 5 million views in the last week on youtube so clearly I'm not alone in my appreciation.

Watch as long as you're not offended by the mention of certain body functions...

No comments: