Monday, February 18, 2008

another sad loss


I made my annual pilgrimage to Target today- to browse in their global bazaar section (now on clearance and nearly extinct), pick up some cheapie summer things and ... buy a stock of mega M&Ms (peanut- not plain). But guess what? They didn't have them. Neither did the Rite Aid, or Walgreens or the other Rite Aid that we went to.
They are no longer being produced.
I've been addicted to these for the last four years. They've been a part of my life since I moved out to Toronto and they used to be "Shrek M&Ms" (a limited time offer product that proved so popular they produced it en masse- which has now proved to be not so popular). And when I say addicted I mean addicted in a sick kind of visiting four different locations in Niagara kind of way. Now i don't know what I'm going to do.
I guess it's time to move on. I guess it's time to say goodbye. I don't know if I'm ready- I mean I really didn't get any notice or closure or anything... but they say that's how it happens sometimes. One day it's there and you're happily enjoying your 55% larger candy coated chocolate covered peanut, and the next day it's just gone.
*poof*

No comments: