Saturday, June 23, 2007

'In Flight Safety'- AMAZING

So I went to see my friend's brother's band yesterday, In Flight Safety... They were AMAZING!!! They were playing at the Horseshoe Tavern at midnight and I have to say I wasn't sure what to expect. I'm not the biggest fan of indie bands or live music and I've heard many live bands playing in local pubs/bars that are not good... but these guys were soooo good. It reminded me of how I saw Matchbox 20 play at the "Republic" in Calgary a million years ago (good old days) and two years after that they were playing in the Saddledome.

You can buy their songs on itunes or check out their website: http://www.inflightsafety.ca/


The surreal part of the whole experience was that this is someone who I knew 20 years ago- and we just reconnected on facebook. He is actually the younger brother of a good friend of mine- from my summers in Moncton, NB. Jen and I lost touch after I stopped going out East for the summers (as would be expected from young kids before the age of internet)... and then I found her again on facebook- 20 years later. so crazy.
John (the younger brother) was friends with my brothers- so last night I had to be the biggest nerd and get a picture taken with John to post... and then get him to sign my CD. It'll be worth something some day!!! Sigh- Who knew I could be such a groupie?? :)

No comments: